There is currently a known issue with Bell Canada Home Hub series routers that results in Joule being unable to connect to ChefSteps’s cloud services. The following models are affected:
- Home Hub 1000
- Home Hub 2000
- Home Hub 3000
In order to connect Joule to ChefSteps’s cloud services, you can try one of the the following work-arounds:
(Please consult your router’s manual/online support site for specific instructions and additional information.)
1. Change the Security Type to WPA-PSK (TKIP)
- Access the Bell Home Hub router’s wireless network settings, select ‘Advanced View’ and set the 2.4GHz ‘Security Type’ specifically to ‘WPA-PSK (TKIP)’. (Not any of the WPA2, enterprise, or WPA/WPA2 mixed modes.)
2. Connect an alternate router/WiFi access point to your Home Hub va Ethernet cable.
- Try connecting your phone or laptop to the alternate router to ensure both routers are configured correctly.
- Connect Joule to the alternate router over WiFi.
Please refer to the diagram below: