There is currently a known issue with Bell Canada Home Hub series routers that results in Joule being unable to connect to the ChefSteps cloud service. The following models are affected:
Home Hub 1000
Home Hub 2000
Home Hub 3000
In order to connect Joule to the ChefSteps cloud service, you can try one of the the following work-arounds:
(Please consult the user manual or online support site for your router for specific instructions and additional information.)
- Change the Security Type to WPA-PSK (TKIP)
- Access the Bell Home Hub wireless network settings, select ‘Advanced View’ and set the 2.4GHz ‘Security Type’ specifically to ‘WPA-PSK (TKIP)’. (Not any of the WPA2, enterprise, or WPA/WPA2 mixed modes.)
- Connect an intermediate router or WiFi access point to your Home Hub via ethernet cable.
- Try connecting your phone or laptop to the intermediate router to ensure both routers are configured correctly.
- Connect Joule to the intermediate router over WiFi.
Please refer to the diagram below: