There is currently a known issue with Bell Canada Home Hub series routers that results in Joule being unable to connect to the ChefSteps cloud service. The following models have been reported to have issues (possible there are others as well.):
Home Hub 1000
Home Hub 2000
Home Hub 3000
In order to connect Joule to the ChefSteps cloud service, you can try one of the the following work-arounds:
(Please consult the user manual or online support site for your router for specific instructions and additional information.)
- Change the Security Type to WPA-PSK (TKIP)
- Access the Bell Home Hub wireless network settings, select ‘Advanced View’ and set the 2.4GHz ‘Security Type’ specifically to ‘WPA-PSK (TKIP)’. (Not any of the WPA2, enterprise, or WPA/WPA2 mixed modes.)
- Connect an intermediate router or WiFi access point to your Home Hub via ethernet cable.
- Try connecting your phone or laptop to the intermediate router to ensure both routers are configured correctly.
- Connect Joule to the intermediate router over WiFi.
Please refer to the diagram below:
Article is closed for comments.