Frozen meat travels much better and stays fresher longer. Sous vide also makes cooking from frozen much more convenient, as the thawing process happens while you cook—a gradual, consistent temperature increase is much better for flavor and texture.
Articles in this section
- Why should I buy this meat from ChefSteps?
- Why is this meat frozen? Isn’t fresh meat way better?
- Will my meat go bad if I’m not home to receive it and put it in the freezer right away?
- How long can this product be refrigerated or frozen?
- How long will it take to ship?
- How do I track my order?
- What is American wagyu?
- What do these cattle eat?
- What is Black Grade?
- What is Kurobuta pork?