Snake River Farms uses the Japanese beef grading standard developed for meat that yields higher marbling scores than typical beef. The standard uses a BMS (Beef Marble Score) grade that ranges from 3 to 12. USDA Choice grade meat would score between a 2 and 4, while USDA Prime grade is equivalent to a 5. Snake River Farms Black Grade beef scores between 6 and 8.
Articles in this section
- Why should I buy this meat from ChefSteps?
- Why is this meat frozen? Isn’t fresh meat way better?
- Will my meat go bad if I’m not home to receive it and put it in the freezer right away?
- How long can this product be refrigerated or frozen?
- How long will it take to ship?
- How do I track my order?
- What is American wagyu?
- What do these cattle eat?
- What is Black Grade?
- What is Kurobuta pork?