If you’re not sure if you have the latest version of the Joule app, please visit the app store on your phone/tablet. If a new version is available, you’ll be given the option to update.
To check which version of the Joule app you currently have installed, please do the following:
- Launch the Joule app and proceed to the main menu (tap the three horizontal lines in the upper left).
- Tap Settings > About This App
The Joule app is currently able to install on iOS 9.x, Android 5.x or later. Your device must also support Bluetooth LE version 4.x and later and have internet access via WiFi or mobile data.
Additional things to be aware of when running Android: (or if you're having issues launching the app on your Android device.)
- Make sure the 'Android System WebView' app is installed and updated to the latest version.
- If there have been any changes to settings under the Developer Options on the Android phone, it's recommended to put those back to default. (Especially having to do with Bluetooth / WiFi / Internet.)
- Are you using a nonstandard Android OS release (different than the one that would be pushed to your phone by your cell company or the phone manufacturer?) We cannot guarantee how the app performs on these custom Android versions / ROMs.
- There have been reported issues with devices running prior to Android 8.x, iOS 12.x, or FireOS not being able to launch / use the app. More information in the article here.
Looking to update Joule's firmware? Instructions here:
How do I update Joule's firmware?