We now have an Action to control Joule!
- First, make sure you’ve already paired with and connected Joule to WiFi in the Joule app.
- Go to https://assistant.google.com/services/a/uid/00000091d8850252?hl=en to install/setup the Action.
- Link the account. You’ll need to open the Google Home or Google Assistant app to link your Google account with your ChefSteps account. On the ChefSteps login page, enter the email and password associated with your ChefSteps account.
Example utterances (you can say these after “Okay, Google, talk to ChefSteps Joule”):
- “Set the temperature”
- “Set the temperature to 60 degrees”
- “Status update”
- “Stop cooking”
- “Okay, Google, ask ChefSteps Joule to set the temperature”
- “Okay, Google, ask ChefSteps Joule to stop cooking”
- “Okay, Google, ask ChefSteps Joule for a status update”
What language(s) will the Action be available in?
- Only English, for now.
Why aren’t utterances like “Ask ChefSteps Joule to cook steak” supported?
- We decided to initially ship a simpler Action that has the basic functions. We will be working to improve the Action in this vein for future releases.
Why is the invocation “ChefSteps Joule” and not just “Joule,” like with Alexa?
- The Google Actions platform requires a multiple-syllable invocation.