If you’re having trouble connecting to Joule, please make sure that your phone or tablet’s Bluetooth is turned on and that you are in close proximity to Joule. If you’re still having trouble, try the following:
- Troubleshoot connection issues by navigating to “Settings” > “My Joules” > [Joule’s Name] > “Troubleshoot Connection.” This tool will run diagnostics and provide you with suggestions for what to try. Please tap on "Bluetooth Disconnected - tap here for more information" or tap on "WiFi Disconnected - tap here for more information" and follow the instructions provided.
- Make sure your phone or tablet’s Bluetooth is turned on and that your phone or tablet is close to Joule.
- Make sure your phone or tablet is connected to the internet.
- Make sure cellular data is enabled for the Joule app.
- Toggle Bluetooth off and on again. Always connect to Bluetooth from inside the app rather than from your device’s Bluetooth scanning screen.
- (Android) Clear the Bluetooth cache.
- Restart your phone or tablet.
- Unplug Joule and then plug it in again.
- Restart the Joule app.
- Disconnect Joule by navigating to “Settings” > “My Joules” > [Joule's Name] > “Disconnect Joule,” and then pair with Joule again.
- If Joule is connected to WiFi, try reconnecting it to WiFi by navigating to “Settings” > “My Joules” > [Joule's Name] > “Disconnect From WiFi” and then reconnecting to WiFi from the “Device Settings” screen.
- Check that Joule’s LED is not red, yellow, or off. Read more about what different lights mean here.
If you continue to experience issues, submit a support request from within the app or use the link below.