If you've previously paired with Joule and it's having trouble connecting via Bluetooth, first try our in app troubleshooting:
- Verify that Bluetooth is enabled on your phone/tablet.
- Verify that when you plug Joule in, the LED is solid white.
- Fully close and re-launch the Joule app.
- Proceed to the main menu (tap the three horizontal lines in the upper left).
- Tap Settings > My Joules > [Joule name] > Troubleshoot Connection.
- If you see the message 'Checking Bluetooth', please wait while the Joule app attempts to re-establish the Bluetooth connection.
- If the 'Checking Bluetooth' message changes to 'Bluetooth disconnected / Tap for more information', then tap the Refresh button. Please wait for up to 15-30 seconds.
- If the 'Bluetooth disconnected' message persists, tap on that message and then tap 'Try Again' on the next screen.
- Repeat this process until you see 'Bluetooth connected!'
- Please note: depending on the speed/age of the phone/tablet you are using to run the Joule app, it may take longer on some devices than others to re-establish the Bluetooth connection.
If you're still having pairing issues, try setting Joule up with a fresh connection. Check out this article for steps on how to do this: Bluetooth or WiFi not connecting? Try this first!
Additional Bluetooth troubleshooting info:
- Make sure you are not trying to pair with Joule through the Bluetooth settings on your phone or tablet.
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone or tablet and that your phone or tablet is close to Joule.
- Make sure your phone or tablet is connected to the internet.
- Make sure cellular data is enabled for the Joule app.
- Fully close the Joule app then toggle Bluetooth off and on.
- Fully close the Joule app then toggle Airplane mode on and off.
- Remove any unused Bluetooth pairings on your phone or tablet.
- Are you trying to use another Bluetooth device while pairing or cooking with Joule? Try powering off all other connected Bluetooth devices before using Joule.
- If your device is running low on internal storage, increase storage space by removing any unneeded apps / data on your phone.
- Close down unused apps running in the background.
- Restart your phone or tablet.
- Unplug Joule, and then plug it in again.
- Fully close and restart the Joule app.
- Uninstall / re-install the Joule app.
- If using Android:
- Clear the Bluetooth cache.
- Clear the cache for the Joule app.
- Enable location services and turn on high accuracy mode.
- Disable battery saver modes (e.g. battery optimization, doze mode).
- If using iOS:
- In Settings > Bluetooth, select Allow New Connections.
- In Settings > Battery, deselect Low Power Mode.