If you haven’t already, check out this article: Bluetooth or WiFi not connecting? Try this first!
Most pairing issues can be solved by simply attempting to pair again. If you continue to have issues, please troubleshoot by doing the following:
- Make sure you are not trying to pair with Joule through the Bluetooth settings on your phone or tablet.
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone or tablet and that your phone or tablet is close to Joule.
- Make sure your phone or tablet is connected to the internet.
- Make sure cellular data is enabled for the Joule app.
- Fully close the Joule app then toggle Bluetooth off and on.
- Fully close the Joule app then toggle Airplane mode on and off.
- Remove any unused Bluetooth pairings on your phone or tablet.
- If your device is running low on internal storage, increase storage space by removing any unneeded apps / data on your phone.
- Close down unused apps running in the background.
- Restart your phone or tablet.
- Unplug Joule, and then plug it in again.
- Fully close and restart the Joule app.
- Uninstall / re-install the Joule app.
- If using Android:
- Clear the Bluetooth cache.
- Clear the cache for the Joule app.
- Enable location services.
- Disable battery saver modes (e.g. battery optimization, doze mode).
- If using iOS:
- In Settings > Bluetooth, select Allow New Connections.
- In Settings > Battery, deselect Low Power Mode.
If you continue to experience issues, submit a support request from within the app or use the link below.