A factory reset restores Joule to its original settings, erasing your device’s name, WiFi settings, and authentication information. The factory reset can be used to permanently remove ownership information and is recommended if you are giving your Joule away to someone else. If you are simply loaning your Joule to a friend, and that friend would like the ability to use WiFi, we recommend removing Joule from your app instead of performing a factory reset.
Because performing a factory reset removes all of your personal information from your Joule and restores the original settings, we recommend performing this only if you are no longer using your Joule. If you are experiencing other issues, please let us know before performing a factory reset by submitting a support ticket using the link below.
Before performing the reset, please disconnect Joule from your account. A previous setup will no longer work after the reset is complete:
- Launch the Joule app and proceed to the main menu (tap the three horizontal lines in the upper left.)
- Tap Settings > My Joules > [Joule name] > Disconnect Joule.
- Tap Okay to disconnect.
Performing the factory reset:
- Plug in Joule. (If Joule is already plugged in, unplug it and then plug it in again.)
- Immediately press and hold down the top button for at least eight seconds, until the light begins blinking yellow. If the light does not begin to blink yellow, please unplug Joule and try again.
- Once the light becomes steady and white, the factory reset is complete.
After the reset is complete, launch the Joule app and follow the onscreen instructions to freshly pair / connect to Joule.