Some noise from Joule or variation in motor speeds is typically no cause for concern, but we know it can be unsettling.
First try modifying your cook setup. I.e: try a different water container, change the surface which the water container is on or put a pad underneath, try changing the position where Joule is setting in the container or where it is clamped to.
Next, try using Joule on a different, clean, grounded electrical circuit.
Otherwise, please try the following to troubleshoot:
- Use the manual temperature setting mode to set your Joule to 20c/68f.
- Wait one full minute and then observe whether the sound still appears to be happening.
- If you still hear the noise, please let us know and we will move forward from there. If you no longer hear the noise, please follow the following steps:
- Initiate a full cleaning of your Joule with vinegar.
- Once the cleaning cycle is complete, check the inside of Joule by first ensuring that the foot of your Joule is cool, then removing the foot and propellor. Check to make sure the entire internal heater surface is clean and clear of any buildup.
- Upon completing this check, please put the propellor back in place and screw the foot back on. This should resolve the issue! If it doesn't, please feel free to open a support ticket below and please send along a video or audio recording so we can take a listen.