We love that you love your Joule and want you to be able to cook with it for a long time! Below are recommendations to keep your Joule running over the long haul:
- Always run Joule on a clean, grounded electrical circuit with the proper voltage.
- When cooking, make sure the top of Joule, from the power cord up, is uncovered.
- Keep Joule clean! The more you use it, the more regularly you should clean Joule. If your food bag leaks into the water bath, please clean Joule. If you live in an area where the salinity of the groundwater is high, please clean Joule often to avoid scaling/buildup.
- Please refer to our cleaning guide here: How do I clean Joule?
- When not cooking with Joule, store in a clean, dry place.
- When you’re done cooking, please unplug Joule, take it out of the water and allow it to thoroughly dry. This is very important if you're often doing long cooks, high temp cooks or using Joule quite regularly.