If there is a firmware update available, the Joule app will notify you and walk you through the process. If you are not prompted to update on the app home screen, you can also look for an update by going to Settings > My Joules > [Joule Name] > Update Joule’s Software. Updates will take a few minutes, so go make a cocktail while your app makes Joule even better.
A few tips:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Joule app.
- On your phone or tablet, make sure Bluetooth is turned on and it's connected to the Internet (WiFi or mobile data).
- With Joule plugged in, verify Joule is connected to WiFi.
- Keep your phone or tablet close to Joule.
- Until the update is complete, keep the Joule app open, foregrounded and avoid allowing the phone or tablet to go into sleep mode.
To check which version of Joule's firmware is currently installed, please do the following:
- With Joule plugged in and connected, launch the Joule app and proceed to the main menu (tap the three horizontal lines in the upper left).
- Tap Settings > My Joules > [Joule name] > About Device.
- View under 'Joule Software Version'.
Having trouble updating? The update requires a solid connection to both Bluetooth and WiFi/cloud. If the update is not finishing correctly, here are a couple of things we recommend to try:
- Temporarily connect Joule to an alternate access point (e.g. mobile hotspot, friend's WiFi, etc.) and retry the update.
- Freshly pair/connect to Joule. Please follow the instructions here to do so: Bluetooth or WiFi not connecting? Try this first!
- Extended WiFi/cloud troubleshooting information: Why can’t I connect Joule to WiFi + the cloud?
Release notes for past updates can be found here.